Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Plaid & Parliament

My bestie Heather (a.k.a French Fries - how this nickname came to be is a whooooooole other story) came to visit me in Ottawa. We planned this weekend MONTHS in advance. She's a busy bee law student, so we only get to see each other every few months or so. I always look forward to our visits!!! #food #wine #luxury #food #food. 
And now it's over. Wah. You know that feeling of sadness you get, right after you open your last present on Christmas morning? All that excitement and anticipation, and then BAM, it's all over. That's how I felt after she left!!! 
BUT, in the spirit of keeping things jolly, here's Heather casually modelling with the Canadian Parliament buildings in the background. Whatta babe show!  


As soon as she arrived, we headed downtown to check out Parliament and the Supreme Court of Canada. My strategy was to knock out those nerdy/Canadiana sight seeing things right off the bat! (To make room for more shopping and eating, obviously.)

Supreme Court of Canada
Parliament

Plaid/tartan is very in right now. AND I'M OBSESSED! I'm all about that lumberjack lyyyfe (my ideal man is one who could chop down a tree, preferably with his bare hands, then carry me on his back up a mountain).  
My first purchase in plaid was this infinity scarf from Etsy. Check it! 


Flannel = god's blanket. It's like wearing cozy bed sheets around my face. Comfy. And plaid goes with everything! I especially like it with my camel wool coat from Aritzia. 



Since then, I've snagged a couple other plaid pieces to add to my wardrobe. (I am super on board with this trend!!) 

Like this skirt from Zara:



And this boyfriend flannel shirt from the Gap: 



Now I just need some plaid pants... maybe a coat... a plaid blazer... and I'm all set!  

Ps: it was -20C when I shot these. SO COLD. The things I do for a good old glamour shot. Haha. 

Heather and I spent the rest of the weekend exploring Ottawa, trying new restaurants and eating ourselves silly. Num num num. Gotta put on that winter warmth!!  

1 comment:

  1. girl. you. me. a hotel room. a plaid throw blanket. let's make plaid offspring gurl.

    ReplyDelete