WHAAAAAAAAT IS GOING ON HERE?! What is this white stuff!!!!! Why am I still wearing my winter coat?????? Life is unfair. :(
Dear Canada, I love you, but you are one chilly beotch!
These photos are from a hike a few weeks ago at Gatineau Park with Dave :) SUNDAY FUNDAY!
We thought it would be one of the last days of winter.
Oh, how we were wrong.
Spring, where are you??
On a brighter note, pancakes (and french toast)!!!
Last week I wrote my final exams for our psychiatry/neurology block (woo!) and had a week off afterwards to relax and re-charge before my last Unit of second year. I decided to fly back home and spend the week with my family, since I plan on doing some travelling this summer and don't really know when I'll be visiting next. I spent the week mostly catching up on sleep, catching up with friends, and eating... EVERYTHING. Seriously all I've been doing is eating. I can't stop! Wutevr.
Most of my hometown friends are real humans with real jobs now (while I'm just like heeeey guys just putting on my backpack and heading to class!) so we couldn't get up to anything too crazy, but I still managed to sneak in a couple adventures here and there ;)
Right off the plane, I got home, cleaned myself up, and headed out for my BFF Christine's 25th birthday. I'm such an idiot, I didn't take a single photo! Very not April like, I don't even know who I am anymore!!! Photo evidence or not, I'm so glad I made it for my home gurl's special day :)
So, back to those pancakes...
My biggest adventure of the week was heading out to Gilbertson's Pancake House (said: hauuuuuuse) with Cait. We planned this activity WEEKS in advance, I've never been so excited to eat pancakes ever!! MAPLE SYRUP EVERYTHANGGGG!!
Gilbertson's is about an hourish drive from where I live, and is the largest producer of maple syrup in Ontario. I remember coming out here as a kid with my grandma, but I haven't been in aaaages. It doesn't look like anything I remember! I was in luv with the wooden beam ceilings.
We strategically chose to come on a weekday, so we basically had the place to ourselves (things can get pretty nuts on the weekend). I'm also proud to report that the two of us almost used the entire bottle of maple syrup for the table! You go gurls.
After our meal we wandered around the gift shop to check out all of the maple goodies. Maple coffee. Maple fudge. Maple candies. Maple candles. Maple salad dressings and sauces!! And of course, the original, good old maple syrup. I don't think I've ever been surrounded by so many maple offerings! If you're ever stuck for a gift idea for an international friend, I think some of this maple paraphernalia would be really thoughtful! Cait bought some candies, and I came home with a lollipop.
But before we hit the road, we decided to wander around their boilers and the property a bit. I'm stillllll not 100% sure if those boilers were indeed open to the public, but it happened. Maybe because we were the only people there, it just felt like we were trespassing! Haha.
Just incase we hadn't eaten enough already, for my last day in town Cait and I decided to check out a new restaurant, called Low & Slow - Smoked Fusion BBQ. I love when my hometown gets new restaurants!! Our community has an ABUNDANCE of Italian eats, so when something different comes along I get excited.
I got the cheese mac and a pulled pork po'boy. All washed down with some sweat tea! If you're gonna do southern bbq, might as well go all out. Cait got biscuits & gravy and the sweet cheese mac. Service was a little slow but the place was packed. They make their own variety of BBQ sauces in house. I loved it!!!
For my last night in town, I spent it celebrating my "almost" birthday with my family (the big day is Friday!). I was still pretty full from lunch, but I managed to make some room for ice cream cake (#priorities). I had such a nice week at home, but now it's back to Ottawa and back to the grind! I'm ready. Let's go kick sum bootie.
![]() |
| #baller #shotcaller |





No comments:
Post a Comment