Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Arriving in Nova Scotia

I. love. Canadaaaaaa!!!! 

But I haven't always been this way.

I never really appreciated the mother land until I spent some time abroad one summer, and heard people's reactions when I told them where I was from. 

Ohhhh Canada is so beautiful! I've always wanted to go!
Or, you have no idea how lucky you are!

Yawwwn. I wanna party in Spain, and take artsy pictures of myself in front of the Eiffel Tower! Yaaaaa!

...But ya know, they were right. Canada is BEAUTIFUL, and not enough Canadians ever really get to experience it. Flights to London, England can be cheaper than flights to Vancouver, BC, which doesn't really encourage Canadians to get out there and discover their own country. My dad has travelled all of Europe, but has never been to the East or West Coasts of Canada.

It seems like all of my classmates are travelling South East Asia right now. Instead, I decided to visit my friend, Hannah, in her home province of Nova Scotia, on the East Coast of Canada.


I arrived in Sydney, Nova Scotia just before dinner time. Pretty lil Hannah picked me up at the airport, then we were off to dinner at her favourite restaurant in Sydney, Flavor

Flavor 19 on Urbanspoon

We met her BFF, Victoria (Who looks like a Kardashian!! Look at that hair!!!! #jelly.)


Sometimes I get weirded out about meeting friends of my friends. What if I hate them?! Like how do you even deal with situations like that?! But she was fantastic, and shared my love of taking unnecessary necessary photos. 


I'm kind of new to seafood. My parents are steak/chicken and potato people, and that fishy smell (you know the one I'm talking about) makes me nauseous. But since fishing is a major industry in Nova Scotia, I decided that during this trip I was going to go balls to the walls with seafood. Just try all of it. Seafood would probably never get any fresher than this, so I had to #YOLO and feast. I decided to go with the bacon wrapped scallop skewer, with a balsamic spinach salad. 


Hannah had the pan seared panko crusted haddock with fresh mango salsa. 


Verdict: I think I liked it. 


And then it was time for dessert. We each decided to order one, and split 3 ways. Sharesies!! I have a small (LARGE) peanut butter obsession, so I ordered the peanut butter tart. 


Hannah ordered the blueberry cheesecake. 


Victoria got the brownie with ice cream. 




Yup, this happened. 


If you're ever in Sydney, definitely give Flavor a go. We all really enjoyed our meals, maybe even a little too much. Next up, was a bit of sightseeing around the town. 


The girls told me that one thing we had to see was the giant fiddle. Wait....... what???? Apparently Sydney is home to the world's largest fiddle. LOL. Why not. 




Hannah and I said goodbye to Victoria, and hit the road. We headed to Cape George, where Hannah's family has some cottages.



I'm glad we left while it was still light out. Check out dem views!







By the time we got to the cottage, it was dark out. A glass of wine, some nachos, and it was time for bed. I think I love it here already! 

No comments:

Post a Comment